Return to the BUILD
“Continue working on the railroad wheels for your DeLorean.”
This issue will feel very familiar as we have done all of this before…
- Drive Time: Model Instructions
- Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road
- A Time Traveler’s Guide: Grandma Lorraine
Making the Second Railroad Wheel
- Look inside the Railroad Wheel and take note of this center hole, opposite the stamped ‘R’.
- The Wheel Center has a pin that fits into the hole noted above. Place the Wheel Center inside the Railroad Wheel and secure it into place with two (2) AM screws as shown.
However, as this is a REAR Railroad Wheel, it is actually different. As you can see here, these rear wheels have a taller center hub offset. Since installing the Wheel Center above covers the markings, I wanted to show everyone how we can tell them apart once assembled:
As before, I chose to put this wheel assembly back into the molded shipping plastic to protect it, and store the Wheel Nut and Washer in a spare screw bag:
Second verse, same as the first! The leftover Wheel Nut and Washer are not used until this wheel assembly is mounted, so store them safely until then. The Railroad Wheel is metal, but the remaining parts are plastic.
Issue 151 – Body: Time Circuit Components, Handles, Wires (Coming Soon)