Return to the BUILD
“Add a junction box to the top right side of your DeLorean.”
This issue is basically a mirror-copy of the previous issue, just on the right side of the car.
NOTE: I am installing the EL Light Mod from Model Modz as I build my model. There are some changes that need to be made during this issue to include this mod. I will note them where needed. If you are not using this EL mod, you can reference Issue 98 where I show how to attach the Filaments to the LEDs.
Materials: Everything in this issue is plastic, but the Filament is some kind of soft PVC tube.
- Drive Time: Model Instructions
- Industrial Light & Magic: Movie Miracle Workers
- A Time Traveler’s Guide: Into the Tunnel
Junction Box, Top Right Side
- Retrieve your DeLorean. Remove and discard the adhesive tape holding the LED down on the right side of the roof.
- As we have done before, place the two ends of the Lighting Filament up against the ‘head’ of the LED and fit them both onto a piece of Adhesive Tape.
- Wrap the Adhesive Tape tightly around these to hold them together.
- Place the Junction Box (upside down) under this joint.
I do not have these roof LEDs installed on my model due to my usage of The EL Light Mod. Therefore, I could not complete, nor photograph, the steps above. However, I picked up the install with the following steps:
Fit the two Lighting Filaments/EL wires into these notches. Secure the Lighting Filaments/EL wires to the Junction Box by attaching the Bracket over them as shown, using two (2) IP screws.
EL Light Mod change: I found the midway point of the remaining rear EL wire, carefully bent it around, and secured this loop inside the Junction Box under the Bracket, as shown:
Fit the Junction Box to the roof, as shown aligning the socket on the box to the post on the roof:
Secure the Junction Box to the roof with one (1) NM screw.
This is your friendly reminder to try using 3-in-One Oil on all screws going into metal:
Push the Plate over the screw hole, aligning the two pins to the matching holes in the Junction Box.
Just in case I needed to remove the Junction Box and adjust the EL wires later on, I did not push this Plate all the way at this point. When you are happy with the lighting, just push it the rest of the way in:
This issue was basically a repeat of the previous one, so not much to add here.
Issue 106 – Body: Rear Lower Power Coil Support Bar/LEDs