As with any model build that includes lighting, there is going to be wiring. This Eaglemoss 1:8 scale Back to the Future DeLorean is no different. It actually contains a lot of wiring that has to be tested, managed, and cared for.
A few things to note about wiring the DeLorean:
- Follow the colors – Eaglemoss has been known to label the wires incorrectly, so follow the colors in the magazines.
- Polarity matters – LEDs are diodes and will only work with the correct flow of electricity. Be sure to check connection orientation.
- Don’t pinch – Wires can easily be pinched between two pieces and cause a short, especially metal. Take care during assembly.
- Seat the plugs – Make sure all connectors are fully seated in their sockets.
Thanks to other builders, I was able to create the table below for managing the wiring in our build.
- The PIN column refers to the numbered pin on the Main PCB (from Issue 56).
- The SWITCH column refers to the specific button on the center console switch box (from Issue 43) to turn those lights on/off.
|Pin||Color||Button||Purpose||Supplied with Issue|
|1||White/White||-||Left Door - Switch||56|
|2||Orange/White||-||Left Door - Lights||56|
|3||Orange/Orange||-||Right Door - Switch||56|
|4||Orange/Black||-||Right Door - Lights||56|
|5||Yellow/Yellow||-||Brake Pedal Switch||40|
|7||Blue/Yellow||-||Overhead Panel Emergency Light||56|
|10||Blue/Green||6||Engine Bay Light||39|
|12||Red/Yellow||6||Front Turn Signals||38|
|13||Green/Black||5||Overhead Panel Lights||56|
|14||Black/Yellow||4||Time Circuits Display||42|
|15||Green/White||4||XMAS Tree (SID)||59|
|19||Red/Blue||1||Flux Bands - Front||38|
|20||Orange/Green||1||Flux Bands - Roof||56|
|22||Red/Blue||1||Flux Bands - Rear Left||39|
|23||Red/Blue||1||Flux Bands - Rear Right||39|